Application Process for Statewide Portable Equipment Registration Program

This page last reviewed March 21, 2016

You can submit completed application forms by mail only. See the list below for the forms you need.

  1. Download Application Forms

  2. Write:
California Air Resources Board
Statewide Registration Program
P.O. Box 2038
Sacramento, CA 95812-2038


California Air Resources Board
Statewide Registration Program
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Mail your application forms along with the appopriate payment to the above address.

Forms to Use -- New Registrations
Certified Engine 1 and 2*
Resident Engine 1, 2, 2A, and copy of district permit
Controlled Engine/Spark Engine Meeting PERP Regulation Table 1 Emission Requirements 1 and 2 plus emission control device documentation
Sand & Gravel Screening, Rock Crushing, and Pavement Crushing & Recycling Equipment Registration 1 and 3-A
Concrete Batch Plant 1 and 3-B
Confined Abrasive Blasting 1 and 3-C
Unconfined Abrasive Blasting 1 and 3-D
Wood Chipping and Grinding Equipment 1 and 3-E**
Rock Drills 1 and 3-F
Military Tactical Support Equipment 1 and 4
Forms to Use -- Admistrative Actions and Changes
Change of Ownership 6*
Reactivation of Expired Registration 5
Modification 7
Identical Replacement 7
Correction 8
Sticker Replacement 8
Intra-Company Sticker, Document and/or Placard Replacement Request 9
Document Replacement 8
Change of Address, Name, or Phone 8
Registration Cancellation 8

** Please contact your local air district to determine if a permit is required to operate your chipper, grinder, and/or engine powering the equipment prior to submitting applications to PERP.

To contact your local air district, click here to go to the air district directory.

Statewide Portable Equipment Registration Program