Funding for Communities, Local Government & Tribes
As a community, local government or tribe, you can bring clean transportation technology projects to your community. Many of these projects offer benefits to lower-income consumers that live in disadvantaged communities. Clean transportation also provides many health, environmental, and economic benefits.
Information on Current Low Carbon Transportation Funding Plan
- Understand and influence funding categories.
- Transmit information on programs available to local residents.
- Get on list serve for latest information and receive updates.
- Be aware of final funding categories.
Development of Solicitation Concepts
- Provide input on projects needed in your community.
- Explore partnerships – share your experience – network.
Secure Funding for Community Projects
- Be aware of upcoming solicitations & funding projects
- Know the elements of a competitive grant application package.
- Identify project categories matching your areas of experience and expertise.
- Build a solid team and submit a strong proposal.
- Funding award process is competitive but only local governments and nonprofits are eligible for most project categories.
Clean Mobility in Schools Pilot Project
- Up to $10 million is available for public school districts to implement the Clean Mobility in Schools Pilot Project to support transformative, synergistic emissions reduction strategies for transportation options within a school(s) located in a disadvantaged community. The project’s goal is to increase the visibility of, and accessibility to, zero-emission transportation options by placing various commercially-available zero-emission technologies, along with the supporting charging/fueling infrastructure, in one or more schools.
Grant Applications are due October 21, 2019.
Guide to CARB's Solicitation Process
CARB staff is available to provide guidance and answer questions. To contact us for additional help or to request a speaker at your community event, email at email@example.com.