Deploy the app
Do the following to deploy the app on your server:
- Unzip the downloaded app.
- Deploy it on your web server.
- Browse to the directory where the app from step 2 is locally hosted and open the app config.json file.
- Add a proxy to your app. Refer to Use proxy for details.
*Important: Make sure that the proxy applied to your app works as expected. The map or widgets might fail if the proxy is set inappropriately.
- Add and register the app. Refer to Add apps and Register your app for details.
- Copy and paste the AppID to the appId property in the config.json file.
Note: Skip step 5 and 6 if the app connects to a web-tire authenticated portal.
- Save the config.json file.
- View the locally hosted app in your browser.
Customize the app
Use the Import function in Developer Edition to import the downloaded ZIP file, then customize it in the builder.
Optionally, do the following to customize the application by editing JSON files directly:
- Add custom widgets
- Put your custom widget in the widgets folder.
- Add widget into the app's config.json.
The example below uses the Demo widget. Add it into the config.json file
- Configure the app and widgets. Refer to JSON configuration reference.
Supported browsers for deployed applications*:
- Safari 3+
- Internet Explorer 9+. Internet Explorer 8 or lower is not supported.